- This event has passed.
ConnAPA Joins with NYSSPA/NJSSPA to Offer Series of Virtual CMEs – 2 Events: 10/26 and 11/17
September 30 - November 17
Please join us as the NYSSPA, NJSSPA and ConnAPA year-long Cancer Lecture Series continues with its ninth lecture focusing on Prostate Cancer. Two other lectures are also scheduled. See below.
Breast Cancer Screening and Risk Stratification
October 26, 2021, 7:30 – 8:30 PM
Speaker: Kendra Devanney, MHS, PA-C
1. Be Become familiar with breast cancer screening guidelines for the general population
2. Identify individuals at increased risk and how to screen them
3. Identify patients who qualify for genetic screening and potential testing
4. Understand pathology “gray zones”
5. Know when to refer to breast specialty
Pancreatic Cancer Review and Updates
November 17, 2021, 7:30 – 8:30 PM
Speaker: Matthew Sheeks, PA-C
1. Epidemiology of pancreatic CA including incidence and survival rates
2. Pathophysiology of pancreatic CA. Identifying risk factors and common presentations of the four most common types: adenocarcinoma, squamous, neuroendocrine and immunogenic.
3. Diagnosis of disease including imaging and laboratory workup. Diagnostic interventions of laparoscopy and biopsy. Overall review of NCCN staging guidelines
4. Medical and surgical management
5. Quality of life considerations for pancreatic CA patients, survivorship and overall disease survival.
CME: These programs are not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to apply for one (1) AAPA Category 1 CME credit from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.
You may register for any or all of the lectures. FREE for State Chapter members. For Non-Members the fee is $50. Please consider joining your state chapter now to save money on these and future CMEs.
NOTE: After you register, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the webinars.